||The Isle of Man Steam Railway was
once an extensive network, but the one remaining line runs south
from Douglas to Port Erin near the southern tip of the island.
No.10 "G. H. Wood" passes Mill Crossing, Castletown
with the 10.10 Douglas - Port Erin on 17 August 1997.
||The Manx Electric Railway runs
north from Douglas along the coast to Ramsey, and is worked by
vintage electric railcars, the oldest of which was built in 1893.
Car No.7 is seen here at Howstrake, north of Douglas, in August
||Car No.4 of the Snaefell Mountain
Railway stands at Snaefell Summit, awaiting its next journey
back down to the coast at Laxey.
||The Groudle Glen Railway closed
in the 1950s and the track was lifted, but has now been rebuilt.
The locomotive is called "Sea Lion" and is seen here
at the terminus of the short line, Sea Lion Rocks, in August 1997.